Part-Time for the 2020/2021 School Year
The purpose of this position is to oversee, plan and direct the morning preschool programming, including Monday Tot’s Time and 4-day playschool, providing well-balanced and organized activities to promote the physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual development of all the preschool children.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Plan and conduct activities for balanced programs of instruction for Tot’s Time & playschool
- Teach skills and concepts consistent with the How Does Learning Happen pedagogy and ELECT framework, paired with Olivet School’s curricular goals promoting academic, physical, emotional, social and spiritual development of all the children
- Establish and enforce classroom-level rules for behaviour, and policies and procedures to maintain order among students
- Instruct students individually and in groups
- Observe, evaluate, and document children’s performance, behaviour, social development, and physical health
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use
- Confer with parents or guardians, other teachers, professionals and/or administrators
- Clean toys, purchase supplies, and conduct general clean up
- Manage the playschool budget
- Attend school related events outside of regular school hours
- Remain up-to-date on changes to licensing requirements to ensure all elements of the program are compliant with the Ministry of Education regulations
- Give direction to Preschool Assistant
- Must have RECE designation in good standing
- Minimum 2 years of related work in childcare/preschool
- Food Handlers Certificate preferred
- Standard First Aid, CPR, AED
- Good communication/interpersonal skills and patience, with both children and parents/guardians
- Energy and enthusiasm for the job
This is a part-time position representing approximately 15-17 hours per week, plus occasional additional hours (details to be confirmed).
How To Apply: Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to Val Younan. A current Vulnerable Sector Check will be required.