Located in Etobicoke, Olivet School has remained a leader in character development throughout its 127 year history. We focus on providing a caring educational atmosphere, delivering current Ontario curriculum integrated with Christian values, such as kindness to others, which are woven into everything we do at Olivet.
Olivet School is looking for Supply Teachers who are flexible to work with students in age groups from Kindergarten up to grade 5. We offer a competitive hourly rate and a positive work environment.
Perform all regular teaching duties, understand and follow relevant school procedures, including emergency procedures, set a proper example, at all times, for students and other community members, take direction from the Principal, implement lesson plans if provided by absent teacher, but able to create content if no lesson plans provided.
Working hours depend on the school’s needs and may vary (school day is from 8:15am – 3:15pm). Supply teacher will be called upon when the need arises (on-call basis).
- Relevant university qualifications and/or Ontario College of Teachers certification or equivalent
- previous teaching or educational experience; min. 2 years (preferred)
- The ability to build positive relationships with children ages 4-12 years
- Have great attention to detail, organization and time management
- Be able to effectively communicate with co-teachers
- Knowledge and understanding of the Ontario curriculum
- Sound class management practices, enthusiasm, passion
- Experience teaching remotely is an asset
- Comfortable in a Christian setting
Current CPR, First Aid training, and current Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check are required.
We offer a safe environment to work in. Teachers must wear shields and/or masks while working with children (provided by the school). Surfaces are sanitized twice daily.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining how you plan to contribute positively to Olivet School and to the lives of children. We will review applications as they are received, but we will only contact candidates whom we wish to interview.