AFTER-SCHOOL CARE PROVIDER
The purpose of the After-school care provider is to provide a safe and nurturing environment in which the children in care will play, complete homework or participate in crafts from 3pm to approximately 6:30 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Key responsibilities and expectations:
- Developing a program with the other care providers, including variety activities
- Implementing activities with children in his/her care
- Purchasing, stocking and providing snacks within budget
- Staying until each child is picked up; Recording pickup times
- Leaving building and outdoor play spaces clean and in order before leaving.
- Caregivers are expected to abide provide an up-to-date police check, and conduct themselves in a professional manner supportive of all the organizational values and standards
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Preferably RECE designation or related education
- Ability to work well with children
- Experience effectively leading children/youth activities
- Knowledge of youth/children programs
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, participants and parents
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job including frequent standing, walking bending, kneeling, crouching or crawling. Ability to use various sports equipment used in program.
- Ten month program serving participants from September 2018 to June 2019
- 2 days a week, Tuesdays & Thursdays, on-site program delivery 3pm to 6pm
- Remuneration to be discussed
- Potential for contract renewal 2019-2020 school year
How To Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com by AUGUST 1ST, 2018.
Please be reminded, the selected candidate will be required to submit an up-to-date police reference check